Jan 31, 2015

Adjusting

So in my brief time in Istanbul, I have some quick observations to report. 

The Turkish people have a concept coined "yavaş yavaş" which literally means slow slow. I find it to be quite ironic. The Turks will spend 3 hours drinking tea and eating bread, but then go 80 mph swerving in and over side walks in a city more populated the NYC. The first part is great, at least when you don't spend 4 hours trying to get a bus card (should have taken 30 min. max). 

I have also had the luck of running into quite a few Bostonians (three of whom I have the incredible pleasure of blogging with. I am so blessed they allowed me to join them on this beautiful blog)

I have had the Joy of developing a gluteus maximus with them as the streets of Istanbul are either up or down a hill to various sites, clubs, mosques, palaces etc. It is weird, but I find it bizarre that i haven't been to one of the those cool market places yet.

The place we get to study at is a real beaut. So here here is a nice pic of the campus, and also a super hipster black and white overlooking the Bosphorus. 



Kyle is currently teaching me how to cook, while Pratibha is cooking rice (apparently she eats it a lot....). I usually have a meal plan that is unlimited, this is a hard switch up for me. But the food here is delish and I will gain a few pounds for sure here. 

Pratibha is very sarcastic. It is hard to say something clever like Karolina. She likes to say smart things like see ya later alligator, after a while crocodile. 

Either way hoşçakal (Bye)

No comments:

Post a Comment