Feb 4, 2015

After a spontaneous morning decision, based mostly on the logic that group things will be cheaper, I went with the huge ESN group to see.... the Hagia Sophia, Sultanahmet, Basilica Cistern, and Topkapi palace.

I know, you are thinking so much history at one time? What could you possibly be thinking? My morning brain clearly had some issues today. Either way, I loaded up and went down to what has been the most visited sites in the world for thousands of years.

I ended up only going into the Sultanahmet ( commonly known as the Blue Mosque), Where incredibly huge. The sheer size of the place is absurd. It's got domes on domes on domes. However, I think the thing I liked about it most the ancient wall paper. The entire wall had was plated with beautiful symmetric tiles, Each a defined space, but none repeating creating a chaotic yet peaceful feeling. all the paint was of course blue.

It is still a active mosque, so the women all had to cover there heads, while everyone had to take off their shoes. I didn't mind, as the carpet was quite cozy around my toesies.


Eating of course is always a treat here. The food is fantastic compared to the many bland (yet filling) courses we adore in America. However, all the socializing had me quite tired and I headed Home after about an hour of enjoying some sun time with our Greek friend Clio.

For how nice and sunny the day was, tonight was quite dreary, but was made better by the always comfortable home of Selcuk, where we watched a movie and enjoyed eachothers prescence. Very yavas yavas

Now I am sitting at home enjoying the guilty pleasure of Taylor Swift. Of course I only listen the stuff before she become a power hungry mongrel of the music industry trademarking phrases like "This Sick Beat" and moving all her songs off of spotify in "Artistic Protest". Blah

It has been a over a week since I got here..... Wow

No comments:

Post a Comment