Feb 3, 2015

This is so Bazaar

Today I woke up late and in a tizzy of figuring out what we would be doing. A message from Kyle told me that we would be leaving from the bus stop in... 2 minutes. Great.
I jumped into my jeans, ran out, and got to the bus stop. After 25 minutes of waiting, I decided my friends had left me. 

Feeling slightly dejected, I messaged another friend Iris, a wonderful dutch girl, and made plans to go to the Grand Bazaar. In the meantime, I walked back to my flat and ate breakfast with My flatmate Berk and his girlfriend. We talked about music and did some needed bonding. He wants me to go to something called magic break which the current impression is quite crazy. 

In an act of fate,  I ran into the crew in front of the grand place and got a delicious lamb dorum. walking through the Bazaar was a wonderful mix of colors and smells. Tea men carrying trays to other sellers, lots of turkish delight, exotic spices, and the smell of meet sizzling on a grill. The bright blues, turquoises, contrasted with reds and deep greens established in geometric patterns unique to the region. The many lanterns give an interesting feel of eastern that reminds you that Istanbul is such a cross roads of cultures. 





Crew love is growing strong and I see many more dinners and breakfasts coming up. I will have to learn how to grocery shop. Cheers


No comments:

Post a Comment