Apr 4, 2015

*does not have excuse for the delay*

Günaydın world!!!! 

Let's just pretend we didn't take a 2 month hiatus from blogging.....just think of it like when your favorite band decides to "take a break" and then like 5 years later, they just drop an album out of thin air. Maybe you could even compare the three of us to Beyoncé and her self titled album that shocked the world a little over a year ago. I know I know the resemblance is uncanny. 

So let's get started with things Pratibha did not already mention in her long ass blog post that I may or may not have edited and posted because it was just sitting in our draft folder....talk about slacker jesus. Randomly early March, I just decided to book a flight to Dublin for the world's favorite holiday that they think is just dedicated to drunken foolishness aka St. Patrick's Day! I was told by a friend studying in London that a large group of Bostonians that I galavant with at school were all reuniting so I took it upon myself to crash that. Aside from the weekend being filled with great laughs, decent beer, better accents, greasy pub food, seal sightings, and GOD's gift to the world, Carroll's Clothing and Gifts, my first AirBnB was absolutely perfect. Claire and her trusty sidekick, Woody the dog, were so warm and welcoming for my short stay and I can honestly say Dublin's inhabitants blew me away with kindness. May I also mention that friends of friends, aka Lillian, are much appreciated in all areas of the traveling process. 


After that trip I needed some time to recuperate, which was perfect because my 21st birthday was approaching...I am also fully convinced that no matter what birthday it is, the day becomes less and less exciting for the one blowing out the candles... Nonetheless, my birthday was full of everything I enjoy in life.

1. Delicious food (notice the order hur)
2. Great friends
3. Wine
4. Strategy murder games (which always make for fun disagreements and temporary rage)

What I was most excited for after my birthday was my wonderful trip to Budapest to reunite with Kelsey "Kelsey Right Now" Cowher and of course the fact that I could reenter Boston and order a drink alongside my favorite pulled pork nachos at Sunset Cantina. Kelsey is studying abroad in Paris so she decided to plan a trip with me to Budapest, which got crashed by Pratibha....and Durant..... The more the merrier right. We stayed at the most hip hostel in Pest called "The Lavender Circus." The hostel was full of stenciled decorations, antique furniture, and even cooler hostel workers. We went sightseeing all day on Saturday which exploited the sad fact that Pratibha was breaking in a new pair of shoes... Blisters for days. She was a trooper so I have to commend her. I would have been in the fetal position near the Hungarian Parliament Building begging for bandaids....oh wait that's exactly where Prat took a nice break. 


The city is truly a mishmosh of European influences and I loved it. The currency exchange also helped my spirits out... 1 dollar equals 277 forints. We were ROLLING in the dough. After our long day of walking and picture taking, we went back to the hostel for a nice home cooked hungarian stew which was accompanied by Palinka (strong ass brandy) and good company. With no intentions of just relaxing and staying in, we were doing exactly that (especially after 8 or 9 shots of Palinka). After all the trips I have had thus far, I have noticed that we underestimate the pleasure of just sitting back, conversing with new friends, and laughing about how hard it is to drunkenly build a card tower. 

Anyways..my mom and sister arrive tomorrow for a nice week Istanbul fun, including all the sights I have not yet seen! ALSO, I WON'T HAVE TO PAY FOR ANYTHING. Money runs the life of an abroad student for sure. 

A special shout out to Mr. and Mrs. Kenney!! (Karolina's parental units). They encouraged us to get back at it with the blogging and here I am procrastinating my hw!!! Thanks for the procrastination inspiration guys!


TTY SOON I promise. I think... 




No comments:

Post a Comment