Jan 29, 2015

The Chronicles of Rumeli Hisarüstü: Day 1

After 10 hours of listening to an American guy attempt to seduce an entire airplane with a fake Scottish accent, Pratibha and I made it to Istanbul. Although we both consider ourselves savvy travelers, we were still scammed by the lovely Kurdish taxi driver who drove us along the shoulder of the highway all the way to Bogazici. I thought I would’ve learned a bit from my trip in Peru, but taxi drivers are especially skilled in making me feel guilty. We arrived in one piece, though, and we spotted Kyle swarmed by his new pack of cronies returning from pre-registration. He took us to our new apartment which is 4 minutes away from the South Gate of campus.

The weather was not great yesterday, but at least we aren’t up to our ears in snow like our fellow Bostonians. I’ll take 50 degrees and rainy any day and our campus may be the loveliest thing I’ve ever seen. The other two goobers have provided visual aid of our walk along the Bosphorous (see above), but here is a high quality photo of our quad (#nofilter). My dear mother already posted this gem on Facebook without my permission, but here you go again if you are not blessed with being her Facebook friend (love you mom).


As usual I am the last to post (and pay rent) so I'll step up my A-game (I won't). You'll just have to sit at the edge of your seat waiting to read the latest from yours truly. Humble as pie, I know.


No comments:

Post a Comment