Jan 29, 2015

"Don't leave the keys in the door"

Balcony view 
- Not all of us are blessed with the gift of great blogging. So I am not promising that I will keep up with this. But when any of us do blog we are aiming to bring you on-hand live-ish entertainment. Currently, Karolina is producing a “I have not showered in a long time” scent, and Pratibha is pretending to be Katie Couric in the corner. 

These two hooligans arrived to rainy Istanbul this morning, while I was attending the first mandatory exchange student meeting at Bogazici University. Luckily when I was walking back from my meeting, I spotted the two damsels in distress in front of a liquor store (shocking). For the remainder of the day, we walked around to become more acclimated with the university and the hundreds of stray cats and dogs that consider the neighborhood of Hisarustu, home. Karolina even thought it was a good idea to pet one of the cats that had fleas, “it’s bumpy”- she said.


The views from the Bosphorus are amazing even on the cloudiest of days. I’ve been to Paris and London before but Istanbul is in a completely different realm. It is truly a mix between eastern and western culture.
To top the day off, our Turkish roommate gave us actual turkish delights and they blow sour patch kids out of the outer. Over the next 4 months the three of us will try and bring you an entertaining and debatably useful perspective of this amazing city. Cheers. -KO


No comments:

Post a Comment